Thursday, May 26, 2005

The best possible way to spend my last night as a high schooler

Well, let's see...It's now 12:30 at night and although I have one last scholarship to do (that's right, my last one!) I feel that this is more important.

Last Sunday I concentrated on scrapbooks and guess what! I'm so finally done! That's right, finally! After some 30 hours of work I finally finished Trevor's basketball scrapbook, and just in time too, considering his graduation party is this Sunday. I'm glad I scheduled my graduation party for June 12th, the week after graduation, because there are like 20 of my friends on June 5th. It will be nice being able to go to all of theirs and say hi.

As many of you know, this was my last week ever of high school! Now, that's sort of a good thing because I'm really sick of putting up with certain people and whatnot and it means no more school work until college, but I'm really really sad. I can not imagine not seeing my friends everyday. I mean, after graduation I may never see some of my classmates every again! That's really sad because we're such a close class. And of course, the best class ever!!! Yeah, you know it! So, I'm really really going to miss everyone! Even the people I never talked to will be slightly missed, just because I'm that sad.

Alright, so Tuesday night we had our last choir concert ever...not counting graduation. As soon as I got there I realized that I had forgotten to tape the 2 hour season finale of "One Tree Hill" so as soon as we were done singing Beth drove me home and I taped it. Then I get back to the concert and while the band is playing for like an hour, I watch the show in the choir room, that was cool, lol. I know, I'm such a loser, watching teenage soap operas, but I don't care what you think, I watch the show for one main reason, and his name is James Lafferty. Yeah, Chad Michael Murray is cute too, but I prefer dark hair. (just like Orlando Bloom!!!) :)

Wednesday was an okay day, but the best part about Wednesday was night. It started off with me getting off work around 9:15 after making $60 in tips. (It just keeps getting better as we get closer to summer) So, I have, get this, three missed calls. People barely ever call me unless they have something specific to talk to me about, except Marissa. We'll call each other if we're on separate floors in the house because we're both so lazy. Haha. So one message is from my cousin, Lauren, who is back from college for a week, since she has summer classes. So I drive up to her house to see her and talk for 20 minutes or so. Then I go to Ashley's house and use her scanner so I have pictures for my graduation invitations. Yes, of course I waited until the last possible moment to do those. So after much trouble, and I mean a ridiculous amount of time was spent trying to scan these 5 pictures, I finally get home. I finish the invitations and then I pack!

Why do I pack, you ask? Because Tiffani, Amy, Marissa, Ashley, and I decided that we wanted to spend our last night as high schoolers together. So we all go to Ashley's new house, which is behind David Herman's (now she doesn't have to go out of her way to stalk him, haha) Just messing, Ashley. Now, the best part about this is that Ashley's family isn't moved into the house yet so there is no furniture and no parents, just us girls in this empty house, lol. We all set up bed in Ashley's room, which thankfully had carpet, lol.

After pigging out on pretzels we decide we want more food, of course...So Tiff and I go to Mickey Mart to buy some, and I get this cool idea. At least I thought it was cool, and even though the other girls made fun of me, they thought it was a cool idea too. We all wrote our nicknames on a 5 dollar bill: Ashley Beagle, Amy Dot, Katherine Runt, Marissa Grunt, Tiffani Martini, and even though she wasn't there, she's still in our main friend group, Beth Ajimitaji. So, then Tiffani and I used the dollar bill to buy our food at like 1 in the morning.

So, there we all are, talking (subconciously avoiding reminiscing about the good old days) and listening to all types of mix c.d.s with music that we used to listen to way back when. (i.e. N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, etc.) So, while taking loads of crazy pictures of just messing around, we decide to update the infamou "tampon" picture, lol. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, just ask. So, after that Tiff calls her boyfriend and we sing a song on his voice message. Then we get the idea to call Matt Burd and sing him a song. So, although it's like 2:30 in the morning, we call Matt and he answers. So when he does, we're like, "Are you awake? Here's a little graduation present..." and we sing him the chorus to Escape (If you like Pinacoladas...) I think he didn't mind us waking him up just to sing him that song.

So, we decide that since Matt enjoyed it so much, and we were all still wide awake, to call other seniors cell phones and sing to them, voice message or in person, didn't matter. So we pick songs for each person, and end up calling about 12 seniors between 2:30 and 4 in the morning. Sorry to those who didn't appreciate being woken up, and sorry to those who didn't get called and would have enjoyed being serenaded by the Fine Five! lol. So, finally, after calling each others phones and singing "Build Me Up" on our voice messages for memories sake, we decide to get a little sleep at 5 in the morning.

That was just the best possible way to spend my last night as a high schooler. I couldn't think of a group of people I'd rather be with than my wonderful friends. So then after studying a total of 15 minutes for my Spanish final, I head to school and basically spend the entire day just walking around the school a million times. It was a very relaxing last day. So, after school I totally miss my "end of the day" experience because I'm in an interview for a scholarship. So by the time I get out everyone is mostly gone and I just start crying...lol. I knew it would come eventually, lol.

So after school I come home and take a nap, oversleep, and am late for the senior meeting at the bus, lol. So I get there, talk about top secret stuff, and just hang out. Now here I am, still procrastinating because I have that one last scholarship to do. And although I really don't want to do it, I must.

Just to update on a few things before I go....KILLERS CONCERT TOMORROW! I'm so freaking excited! Can't wait.

~Katherine

P.S. I won't say my senior goodbyes yet since we still have senior breakfast, Senior night, and graduation.

No comments: