Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away AND you have their shoes

I am not an impatient person and am hardly ever in a hurry unless of course, I sleep through my alarm (or the sound on my cell phone stops working and my alarm doesn't go off-- but that's a horse of a different color). So it's not that my time is so precious that I don't want to waste it walking on the sidewalks to class...I just don't see the point in using the sidewalks when there is a large grassy area that leads me directly to my destination. It just seems silly to me really to walk in a triangle when I can walk in a straight line...

So walking through the grass almost every day you'd think I'd learn my lesson that it's ALWAYS going to be muddy. No matter what the weather is. I don't know why it is like this, but how convenient that I don't remember this piece of information until I hear the squishing between my feet. It's not that I am one of those girls who doesn't like to get dirty...honestly...I don't mind. But I just bought these tennis shoes two and a half months ago and they look like my other two year old shoes already... Logically, I should just stop complaining, clean my shoes and avoid the grass, but it probably won't happen. They're shoes. They're supposed to get dirty....and I really just don't care enough to really do anything about it. :)

In other news, it is finally snowing in Oxford. You know what that means! Winter has finally reached Miami University! Bring on the furry boots, ridiculously long scarves, and oversized sunglasses!

Totally ready for winter
Even if it is over a month late :)

Katherine

1 comment:

Marissa said...

haha. I do the EXACT same thing everytime I leave our dorm. Walk..straight through the grass and hear that squishyness under my feet. I hate it..but I can't not cut through the grass. Anywhen..this is one of your best written and funny posts in a while. Keep up the good work sibby.