Monday, January 08, 2007

Back Again

Well, here I am...back at good old Miami University after a wonderful Christmas break. It went by so incredibly fast, but it's alright. Hopefully that just means that these next four months will go by just as fast and I'll be back in Loudonville for summer before I know it. I just love being home so much...it's a wonder why I don't just drop out of college and work at Broken Rocks for the rest of my life. Ha ha... So, let's see...what did I do over break...I certainly don't want to bore everyone with the details, so I'll just keep it simple with a short summary of the highlights.

  • I saw the musical Cats in Columbus with my family
  • I made hard tack and chocolate covered pretzels with the Henleys
  • I went to Put-in-Bay to see my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their adorable children
  • I got a bunch of wonderful stuff for Christmas and went shopping with my gift certificates
  • I had a gingerbread house party and made a pretty sweet gingerbread house!
  • I went clubbing in Cleveland!
  • I went bridesmaid dress shopping for my friend's wedding
  • I saw four movies in theaters: Marie Antionette, Eragon, The Night at the Museum, and The Holiday
  • I worked at Broken Rocks about three or four times a week
  • I got to spend some quality time with my favorite girls
  • I spent New Years with the wonderful Joshua Robert Sommers and William Samuel Hansen
  • I went bowling twice and actually hit 100 for the first time ever!
Overall, I'd say it was a pretty freaking awesome break and it was exactly what I needed after such horrible last two months. I suppose things are looking up in the happiness department...at least they were a smidge better when I was home...hopefully it just gets better with time...even though I'm away from my family and friends again.

Speaking of being back at Miami...I had my first day of classes today. I have four classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays and two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately I have 8 a.m.s every day of the week...I suppose this is a test to teach me to get to bed earlier. I hope I don't fail...but it's going to be hard to wake up for these classes when my stupid cell phone won't make a sound...the volume or speakers or something is all screwed up...I'll have to use Marissa's phone as an alarm for the time being...


I don't think my classes so far are going to be too difficult. I just really need to concentrate on school and work on keeping my grades up. I did pretty well last semester. It was one A+, one A, two A-, and one B-. Not too bad I suppose...but it would be really great if I could manage all As this semester. I think I'll make it a personal goal of mine. I can just include it with my New Years resolutions...which are pretty good this year. It seems like a lot, but they're all pretty small and easy to accomplish...nothing too impossible.

New Years Resolutions
  1. Stop cussing (I don't do it too often, but for some reason I've been doing it more recently and I just want to go back to the time when I didn't need to cuss)
  2. Read more books (I got five books for Christmas!)
  3. Read the bible
  4. Write more (Now there's a good stress reliever)
  5. Accomplish more things on my List of things to do before I die
  6. Listen to more music (I have so much music that I have never even listened to...it's sad because it's good music too...)
  7. Write more letters (I love getting letters, why wouldn't other people?)
  8. Exercise and get in shape
Well, I suppose that's all I have to say. Since one of my New Years resolutions is to write more, hopefully you can all count on me to get this blog back in action. I should really try to write at least every other day....we'll see though...I can at least promise I won't let a week go by without some form of writing. I at least owe you that after such a horrible two months of practically nothing. Thanks for bearing with me everyone. And especially thanks for being there for me, even if you didn't realize you were.

Back into the swing of things :)
And looking forward to being myself again...

Katherine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine,

Sounds like you had a great holiday! I really like your resolutions too.

I recommend starting with The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), The Book of Proverbs, or The Book of Psalms.

My list of resolutions is short:

• Read more (I did do a lot of reading last year)
• Pray more...there are a lot of hurting people in our lives.
• Take the time to view people's myspace profiles.
• To be the best father that I can be!

Tonight Shanon and I have baby-prep classes. It will be our second of four classes. It is kind of fun. We have nine couples in the class.

Have a blessed New Year!
Joshua

Shelle said...

you have a 'things to do before i die' list too?!? i thought i was the only one! all of my friends back home don't have one; they think it's slightly weird and strangely morbid. i personally think it's a nifty idea :), but anyway ... it makes me feel much better to know i'm not the only one :-P lol.
i'm glad to hear that you're getting back to your cheery and positive self! good luck with classes this semester and with those great resolutions of yours! :-D

Tyrus said...

Where did you go clubbing in Cleveland?