Sunday, December 09, 2007

Baby, I'm amazed by you

I hate myself right now...I've said this before...I seem to mean it every time, and of course, every time it's for the same reason. I bet you don't even have to guess why. One simple word: schoolwork. That's right, big surprise. Katherine hates herself because of schoolwork. Go figure! This time I have four essays due before I leave England on Saturday...well, technically...they're not due until January 7th (I can send them in electronically). But who wants to leave school and then continue to do schoolwork over Christmas break? Certainly not me! But unfortunately...considering a change of location didn't change my work ethic, I have so much to do yet...Basically it's three 2,500 word essays (That's about 8 pages double-spaced) and one 750 word essay (2 1/2 pages).

So yes, right now, at this very moment, it may appear that I hate myself. I can say it and think it, but you know what...I don't hate myself! Never have I ever truly hated myself! And you know why? Because I am an amazing person! Now, I'm not saying this because I'm a conceited person. I'm saying this because sometimes you just have to look at yourself and say, "I'm an amazing person!" You laugh, but it's true. There is so much in the world that tries to put us down. Magazines telling us ways to improve our looks, models making us feel fat, the cinema making us believe happy endings only happen in the movies. Well, you know what! I'm sick of the world trying to make me hate myself...I love myself! And you know what, you should too! And here's why...
  • For every one person who doesn't like you, there's ten more who love you
  • God has great things in store for your life and they involve you being happy
  • There's at least one person in this world who lives to see you smile
  • Just when you think things couldn't get any worse...they get better
  • You know that one part of your body you don't like? Someone is jealous of it.
  • Your parents don't have to say that because they're your parents. They say it because it's true.
  • There's always someone else. You're never alone.
  • We all have faults, we all make mistakes. IT'S NORMAL!

You are amazing, and don't let anyone or anything make you think any different. Especially not yourself :)

Katherine

2 comments:

Marissa said...

uuuum. what have you done with my sister. actually...i like this one better :) Christmas Break is going to be so awesome now that you're happy again

Shelle said...

nicely said. :) i hope you have a wonderful Christmas! enjoy your holiday and don't work too hard ... you deserve a relaxing break!