Thursday, September 29, 2005

Is fair food worth the freshman fifteen?

Hey, what's up all you readers out there! I am in an awesome mood! Why you ask? Because not only did I have a wonderful weekend last week, but I am also closer to another awesome weekend! Last weekend, Marissa and I drove to Columbus to have a family weekend and so that Marissa could go to a Rolling Stones concert! I was going to go, but Scott wanted to go much more than I did and was also more willing to spend the $180 for the ticket.

Although I didn't go to the concert I got to spend time with my mom, dad, brothers, and Kate, my brother's girlfriend. I went and saw Wedding Crashers with my parents and Patrick. I wasn't sure if my mom would like it because it's not really her type of humor...if you've seen the movie you know what I mean...But surprisingly she loved it, and my dad did too (I knew he would...) And not only did I get to spend time with my family, but I also got to talk to Scott, which was cool because I haven't really talked to him since I graduated. He seems to be really enjoying college, so that's cool.

Time is going by so freaking fast now! Which is really good news! I now have only eight more days until I'm home again for the Loudonville fair! A weekend of nights with the Henleys and days at the fair with hopefully all my high school friends and fellow 2005 graduates that I never get to talk to anymore. Plus, I'm so totally excited about the fair food! I will try to eat light here at college before the weekend so I can totally eat as much fair food as I want! Alright...so maybe that won't happen...I would get sick. But I am proud to announce that I have not gained the freshmen fifteen! In fact, I lost a few pounds! Go figure!

Oh! Guess what! My Uncle Buzz and Aunt Karen are expecting another child in April, so I'll have another cousin, the 31st Henley grandchild! Plus, my cousin Brandon Lape and his wife, Lisa, are also expecting in May, so I'll have a...second cousin? I don't know, but it's good news! Yay!

School is going the same as usual...I had my first exam last Friday. It was for my Theatre Appreciation class and it was freaking easy. I got a 48 out of 50...I should have gotten 50, but oh well...I also have three tests coming up the week after the fair...that totally sucks...Not only are they my three hardest classes, but I'm so not going to have time to study during the fair weekend...or should I say I so won't make time to study...Oh well...I'm sure I'll manage fine...or fail...either way I'm going to have a great time at the fair! Heehee.

In other news, the weather is finally getting chilly. It's about darn time! I was so sick of that stupid hot humid weather. I'm ready for the leaves to turn pretty oranges, yellows, and reds, and then fall, making Miami look very very beautiful. Come on autumn!

Alright...I suppose I should go do some homework, although I really don't want to...Peace out!

Katherine

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Just a warning for those what, two people that actually read my blog? I wouldn't click on those links in those previous two comments...they're probably viruses or something not cool...

Jimmy said...

Why don't you delete them? Or are you just too excited to actually have comments in your blog? (ooOOo... Burn!) Anyway, hopefully I'll get a chance to see you at the fair, even if it's only a fleeting glimpse (but I mostly just wanted to use "fleeting glimpse" in my comment). See ya then! I'm totally pumped for the weather, too. Today was soooooo nice.

Katherine said...

For your information, James, I didn't even know you could delete comments. And yes, the weather is great, I like to call it fair weather, even if I'm not at the Loudonville fair.

. said...

ah, fair weather. freezing cold nights in the steer barn.... wrapped only in a carhart laying between two showboxes! ah the memories. lol.


Oh...... and the freshmen fifteen WILL COME!

Katherine said...

Oh the freshman fifteen will so not come! Just you wait and see!