Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I aims to please

So I was talking to Marissa the other day and I don't remember what we were talking about because we probably talk twelve hours a day, if not more (Alright, so that may be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea). And she asked me why I always end my blog entries with "peace out!" Hmm...I thought to myself.

First of all, I don't know why...It's just two little words that I always happen to type after I finish blabbing on for a couple of paragraphs about nothing really. I guess you could say it's like a reflex. "Alright, that's the end of my writing, I better end it with 'peace out'." I'm not gonna lie, I don't really think about it. I just put it there because I always have.

Second of all, why does it matter? Does it really bother her that I end my entries that way? I'm not attacking Marissa, she just made it sound like it was a stupid idea. Is it not "cool" to say 'peace out?' Does it not go along with my personality? Should I choose something else to end every entry with? How about "God bless" or "That's all she wrote!" Or there's always the classic, "Until next time..." I could even go all crazy and say, "Goodbye!" (Wouldn't that be weird...)

So here's how you can help me solve this dilema. If you think that "Peace Out!" is not "cool" or does not fit my personality, or if you're just plain sick of it, let me know and I will change it. After all, you are the ones I write this little do dad for. However, here's the catch. You must tell me what you want to see as the closing. You can IM me, call me, write on my facebook wall, leave me a comment here, drive to Miami University and tell me in person. I really don't care how. Just tell me what you want, and we'll see what happens from there.

Well, that's all she wrote! So until next time, god bless! Goodbye!

Katherine

3 comments:

Shelle said...

i like "peace out!" personally. i've never met you in person, but i think i've heard enough about you to say that it would fit w/ your personality :). it also lets you sign off w/ a positive tone ... which is nice. so as long as you're happy w/ it, i say keep the "peace out!" :-D.

Anonymous said...

I kinda like 'peace out' and think it fits your personality.... better than the other trite options you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

I hate that saying. It makes you sound like Usher or something. It doesn't fit your personality. No but seriously....I think the saying just bugs me personally. It has nothing to do with you saying it. Keep it if you like it. I won't judge anymore. lol