Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Put-in-Bay and some other randomness

Hello all! Wow...either I have no motivation to write whatsoever or I lead a rather uneventful life...hm...I'm afraid it's most likely the latter. Basically all I've been doing these past couple of weeks is working (although I still don't work as often as I'd like to) and hanging out at home doing nothing. However, recently I did manage to have some fun with my girlfriends. Yep...this past Sunday and Monday I went on a little vacation to Put-in-Bay with the lovely Tiffani, Amy, Beth, Bri, and Marissa. And I must say it was wonderful.

We putt putted, played some rousing games of Hangman, swam in Lake Erie (ick...it's like swimming in a huge toilet...), and ate at Pasquales, my favorite island restaurant (even though it's overpriced and my food came out at least ten minutes later than everyone elses'). Needless to say I had an absolutely wonderful time. It was really nice to spend some quality time with the girls before we all go back to college, which by the way I leave August 20th...less than 3 weeks... Oh! And I got a little sunburn. You know what that means! Hopefully it will turn into tan. Yay! I'm so freaking white these days.

Guess what I've been doing! Well...not a lot, just whenever I can...playing tennis! Oh yes! It is SO much fun! I really suck and I still don't completely understand how to play correctly, but it's fun nonetheless. And it gives me a good workout. I'm chasing after the ball all the time, so it's like the same workout as running...which I also try to do as much as possible, but that's not working out so hot. I really need to get my act together and run/play tennis every morning. Especially before it gets so darn hot. I mean, honestly. What is with all this freaking hot weather?! I know it's summer, but come on! I am so not a summer kind of girl. Of course there are many aspects of summer that I love, such as summer nights, summer lightening storms, and other stuff, but I can honestly say that summer is my least favorite season. I really can't wait until autumn, or what I like to call Fair weather. That's right. The time of the Loudonville free street fair. Just jeans, tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Alrighty, well I suppose I better go before this blog entry gets any worse...it's only 10:15 so I'll probably play some Sims before I head off to bed. Yeah...I've totally gone back in time to Junior High...well...the good part of Junior High because let's face it, Junior High sucked. Anyway...yeah...peace out!


Keep smiling :)
Katherine

1 comment:

Tyrus said...

What beach/toilet bowl were you swimming at? blech.

Tanya, Chad, myself, and a few friends (but not Douglas, he's still in France) will be on the island the weekend before you head back to Oxford. Hint, hint.