Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Come on with the rain, I've a smile on my face!

I'm singing in the rain. Just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!

You know, some people see rain and think of dreary, cold, bad days. Well, not me! I look at rain and think of singing...and dancing...in the rain! Alright...I admit that sometimes rain puts me in a bad mood, but it's not really the rain that's putting me in a bad mood...it's the rain AND all my stress at the time. Right now I'm stressed (two exams tomorrow and no studying so far), but that doesn't mean I'm going to let the rain put me in a bad mood.

So I dressed according to the weather this morning and put on shorts and tennis shoes. I don't like to wear pants or capris when it's raining because they get wet. And I don't like to wear sandals because they always slip around when wet...and I certainly don't want to go falling on my face in the rain. Speaking of sandals...on my way to class today I saw one sandal on the sidewalk. How strange is that...? Just one...Seriously, how much in a hurry do you have to be to lose a sandal and not go back and get it...? "Oh, darn. Shoe fell off...no time...must keep walking..." Makes me laugh....

On my way back from class I was at first trying to avoid the big puddles...no sense in getting wet if you can help it. However, that didn't last very long. It was really raining out there! So I stepped in a couple of puddles and got my shoes wet. I'm talking, soak through the tennis shoe, making my feet wet. It felt good...the cold water....so I found myself purposedly walking in the puddles the rest of the way back to my dorm. I mean, let's face it. Once you're wet there's no point in avoiding getting wet some more. Bring on the wetness! While I walked I hummed the song, "Singing in the Rain" and I seriously would have danced and skipped through the puddles had there not been tons of people around..with angry faces....everyone looked so mad...I was probably the only person outside smiling.

So take my advice....don't ever let the rain put you in a bad mood...and don't ever be too rushed to go back and get your sandal...

Keep smiling :)
(and dancing...in the rain!)
Katherine

3 comments:

Shelle said...

i must say that i agree with you about the rain. in fact, just today [on the 'dreary' day that it was] i was walking back from dinner with brian and i exclaimed "it's SO nice outside!" he just gives me a sideways glance and manages to grunt a "huh?!?" even though it was overcast, gray, chilly, and spitting rain [in the minds of most, a horrid day] ... i loved it. i say 'keep on puddle-jumping rain lovers!' lol enjoy! :-D

Katherine said...

Stephanie, can I just say that even though I haven't met you I think you seem like a really nice person, and I'm glad that you and Brian hit it off so well.

Shelle said...

thanks, katherine :). i must say that i feel the same way toward you ... you seem like a really nice and fun person. i'm glad to read that everything is going so well for you in your life :).
[it's so interesting ... we've never met, yet we still read each others blogs ... i promise i'm not a stalker ;-P lol] if you ever get bored or want to chat [or just need to procrastinate on hw], don't hesitate to drop me a 'hi' through IM or something. ttfn :).