Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just your average update

Hello all you very few people that read this. Oh well, doesn't really matter how many people read these things, it's just good to talk. And I'm sure the important people read anyway. As you know Monday was Memorial Day. I went to my grandma's house for a family get together, because us Henleys will take any excuse to see each other. Here's something shocking, I actually played wiffle ball. We used to play all the time as kids in my grandparent's field, but I stopped when I realized I really sucked at any and all sports...except cheerleading, for those of you who consider cheering a sport, and for those of you who don't, what do you know! lol. So wiffle ball wasn't so bad, I didn't catch anything, that would be a miracle. My first two times at bat were okay, I didn't strike out so that was cool. And my third time, well, that was normal Katherine, really bad. Oh well, I had fun.

After wiffle ball a few of my cousins came down to the house and we played the DVD Scene It movie game. We did girls against guys and girls won two games in a row, of course, lol. Then Monday night Tiff, Amy, Beth, and I went to Mansfield to see Fever Pitch. It was an okay movie, Jimmy Fallon is hilarious. Alright so Tuesday morning at 4:30 I woke up from 5 hours of sleep and drove to Grant's house where we were meeing to fill water balloons, but when I got there they were all filled and everyone was asleep, lol. So Aaron, Dustin, Brian, and I went to Aaron's house and watched the end of The Last Samurai and part of Starsky and Hutch, then it was time to go to my house to get ready. So, about 15 of us seniors waited at my house until the cops cleared the high school then we went over and threw water balloons at students. It was fun, lol. I got some people, some unintentionally, some I was aiming for, lol. I got you, Sugar lips! haha.

So after that Brian drove me back to Grant's house so I could get my car, and stupid me, I had forgotten my keys back at my house, so he was nice enough to drive me all the way back home and then back to Grant's a second time. That was nice of him, sorry, Brian, lol. Then I went home and took a shower and Brian came back to pick me up and we went to his house and hung out. We watched The Collateral, really awesome movie, and Matchstick Men. I have a new appreciation for Tom Cruise and Nicholas Cage, actually. So then we listened to some music and then I came home. I had a really good time, very relaxing day.

Then when I got home Marissa and I watched Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. I know what you're thinking, all Katherine does is watch movies...but I just finished my senior year of high school, doing a total of 18 scholarships! Give me a break, lol. So then Tuesday night I went to my grandma's house for an all girls get together. It was all the grand daughters, grandma, and then my Aunt Mona (Britt's mom) came. We played Peanuts, which I came in second (never happens to me before, usually I lose...badly) and then we played this really cool game where someone asks a question, everyone answers, and then they try and guess who said what. It was fun. My favorite part of the entire night...

Marissa: What are you craving right now?
Katherine: So we try and guess what you're craving?
Marissa: No, you write what you're craving.
Grandma: Oh, alright then I need to change my answer.
Marissa: What did you write down?
Grandma: Well, I thought we were answering for Marissa, so I put Sam Koppert.

lol, that made us all laugh for about 5 minutes straight. I love my grandma, she's so hilarious. One time we mentioned that someone was italian, and she said she wouldn't want to meet him because he probably smelled like garlic, lol. Not that my grandma is prejudice, she's just...well, grandma. So after the game we start making funnel cakes at like 10:30 at night and then we start Mrs. Doubtfire, lol. I didn't get to finish it, I was tired so I came home...and then stayed up late talking on aol, lol. But I don't care, I would much rather have a good conversation than get sleep, and a good conversation it was, lol.

So today I woke up early to go to school, lol. Not high school, McMullen. I went to visit my mom's a.m. kindergarten class because I promised I would go back and see them, and I missed them. They are the cutest ever. First semester I would go there every day, so I hadn't seen them for a while. It was fun day since it was the last day of school, so we hollihooped and played with chalk, and bubbles, it was fun, lol. Then I ran some errands, came home and basically fell asleep on the couch. Then I went to rehearse for the senior song for Senior night, and then I came home and fell asleep on the couch again, lol.

So now, here I am, supposed to be working on my speech for senior night and I'm writing in my blog...I'm so horrible. But I do need to at least start it before I go to Matt's bonfire tonight, so I'm off...Peace out.

1 comment:

. said...

um, hate to sink your battleship but you didnt get me? Amy was the only one who got me and she even admitted i got me more than she got me. i went to catch it and fumbled it and it broke at my feet. So i dont know what your HA ing about. HA!