Monday, December 12, 2005

Method to the Madness

After procrastinating a great deal of my weekend away, I finally decided to start cracking down on studying last night around 9 o'clock. Then of course, Grey's Anatomy was on...and then Mallory, Marissa, and I decided to watch The Notebook...And finally I was REALLY ready to get to work. So about 2:15 a.m. I went down to the basement where it was bright and cold (the better to keep me awake). There were about five or six other people down there, and slowly they began to leave until I was the only one left. You know, it's really much easier to stay awake and concentrate down there...no t.v., no roomates (not that mine bothers me). I decided that aol is good to talk while studying as long as you're not talking to a million people or having in depth dramatic conversations. AOL keeps me sane...if not for it I'd probably drop out of college and call it quits right now...Okay, so maybe not, but you get the idea.

Finally at 6 a.m. I decided it would be safe to go ahead and get some shut eye, but ONLY for a few hours. The plan was to wake up at 8 a.m. and begin a long day of hardcore studying...But of course, your alarms don't go off when you really need them to. I think it's part of the master plan...So after realizing that none of my FOUR alarms went off (Okay, I admit I may have just slept through them...but in my defense, Jillian said she didn't hear them either) I finally woke up at 10.

While trying to plug my computer back in I hit my face on my desk drawer. Yes, my face. Not my forehead or my head...my face (Wake up call number 1). Then I went for a shower, thinking it would get the juices flowing. It certainly did it's job...nothing like a fresh razor cut on the ankle to wake a person up...and of course it's the spot where it really stings AND won't freaking stop bleeding (Wake up call number 2).

So I now realize that God truly does have a master plan. He may let us sleep through our FOUR alarms so we lose two good hours of study time, but he certainly makes up for it. I suppose those two extra hours of sleep that I didn't want at the time will come in handy later when I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, so I suppose in reality God really does have a method to the madness. However, I must say I'm rather scared about what other "wake up" surprises are in store...God help us all (literally)!

Katherine


P.S. This is not a picture of my actual alarm clock. I WISH! Tweety rules!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

This is a comment to Jimmy's comment on the blog about Kenny being in love with me, but I put it here so people will read it...

Jimmy: Kenny must have something... he made you back down from the argument... way to go, Kenny!

What is it with guys and their need to win arguments? Whenever girls stop arguing or "back down" it isn't because we're admiting defeat (of course not because we're always right). It's because we're mature enough to know when to stop arguing. Also, because we accept that guys are stubborn and are willing to appear "defeated" just so they'll shut up.

Laura said...

Hear Hear!!