Saturday, March 04, 2006

The highlight of my Friday night

So the plan was for Marissa and I to go rent a movie to watch Friday night. She wanted to get Good Will Hunting, which I haven't seen since...well, just this past summer was the first time actually...but anyway, I was all for it because, well, I don't really go out often. But that's beside point. Then she decided to go out to a party with her roomie, Mallory. Which is perfectly fine. The point of this post is not how Marissa left me alone. I could have easily gone out with them. I just didn't really feel like going out last night.

So I decided to dedicate my night to laundry and (brace yourself) homework. Yes, that's right. I ACTUALLY did homework on a Friday night. Yay for me! Because that is definitely something I always say I'm going to do and then end up not doing a single thing. But that's not the point. So after some homework I proceeded to do all of Marissa and my laundry while watching The Italian Job because let's face it, The Italian Job is freaking awesome! If you don't believe me, just hear me out...

Mark Whalberg (That grin is too cute...and of course MUSCLES!)
Charlize Theron (awesome actress)
Seth Green (He's SO small!)
Mos Def (Also cool)
Jason Stathom (the accent!)
Edward Norton (even as a bad guy you can't help but love him!)
Mini Coopers!!!!!! (Enough said)

So there I was just enjoying the movie when I notice something that I have NEVER noticed before in all the like 12 times I've seen the movie. There is this scene where the truck blows through the ground and all these people are running around scared. And there, among all these people is Spiderman! Yes! A man in a full Spiderman costume running around. How could I possibly have missed that?! It's so obvious! Oh well. Needless to say, it was the highlight of my night. Now frankly speaking, if seeing a guy running around in a Spiderman costume in a movie where he certainly doesn't belong is the highlight of my night...well then...that's just kind of sad. And that, my friends, is the point.

Sometimes my ability to be easily amused surprises me. Heehee. Peace out!

Katherine

7 comments:

. said...

Never seen the movie, there i have never seen a grown man running around in a full spiderman costume where he doesn't belong. Hence this comment is pointless.

Katherine said...

Pointless comments are better than no comments!

Marissa said...

yeah..i totally knew about the spiderman thing before you told me. you are so out of the loop. you know what this means...i am so better than you at movie stuff.

. said...

i'm better at film trivia...BOOH YAH!

Bet you dont know who buzby berkley was without looking him up!

Katherine said...

Wow, Sugar Lips...You got me there. I sure don't know who BUSBY BERKELY was. But maybe if you want to show me up you should spell the person's name correctly. Boo yah!

. said...

you googled it. i know you did. and you didn't even say who he was. Can you say, zoetrope?

Marissa said...

LIAR!! I am better!!