Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thank God...no, really!

It's that time of the year again, that time that I look forward to, Lent! I know what you're thinking, who looks forward to lent? It's not that huge of a deal....but it is to me! It's that one time of the year when I can really give up something, and trust that I will keep the promise. So what am I going to give up, you ask? Well, the thing I always give up, of course!

JUNK FOOD! Chips, desserts, doughnuts, chocolate, and anything else that's extremely bad for you. It's like the perfect diet plan! And though I have not gained the freshman fifteen, I have put on a few pounds here at college. You think I'd just go to the very nice rec that I bought a membership to and workout...but no...I don't. I have a problem with laziness....maybe another thing to work on for lent would be my laziness...hm....Alright, I'll do it! (She says, while she muchies on goldfish, avoiding her homework) We'll see how that works out.

So in honor of our last night before lent started, Mallory, Marissa, and I ordered ice cream at 10:30. So we had 2 1/2 hours to eat junk food before we gave it all up. Let me just say that it was delicious and probably SO fattening. But it was a last splurge, so I don't feel so guilty. So the diet (lent) has now begun! Thank God for lent! Really...we have him to thank!

Peace out! (I just realized it's been a while since I used my signature closing)

Katherine

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, wait a minute... I'm detecting a pattern to these thoughts... what are you trying to pull?

Katherine said...

Who is Pete Bogs and why is he commenting on my blog when I don't know him? If I remembered how to delete comments, I'd probably delete yours, "Mr. Bogs."

Marissa said...

haha..your last comment made me giggle. I think it was the Mr. Bogs part. Anywhen..is that a picture of cheese in the junk food category..cause it looks like cheese (top left corner) and I didn't know cheese was junk food..anywhen..YEAH LENT!!

Katherine said...

I think it's either cheese, or really nasty looking cheesecake. Let's assume it's cheese, but not consider it junk food, because I know you don't want to give up your Cheeze its and I refuse to give up my goldfish!

Jimmy said...

You start lent at 1:00? You realize the new day starts at 12:00 (he said, knowing she probably had a math error) :-D

Katherine said...

Darn, I hate when I accidentally make those stupid little mistakes. Because someone who has no life always analyzes my blogs looking for those stupid little mistakes so they can sound all smart when they comment about it. Yeah, I mean you, James. Heehee.