Sunday, March 05, 2006

The worst alarm clock EVER

So there I was lying in bed, fast asleep, dreaming (though I don't remember what about) when all of a sudden I'm awoken by a loud siren of a sound. It takes a quick second for me to realize what is actually happening, but once I realize it's the fire alarm I grab my cell phone and prepare to jump from the top bunk. Not jump because I'm scared for my life, just jump because the noise is so annoying that I wanted to get out of the building as soon as possible. But alas, I could not jump down from the bed because of my roomate's stuff...so I climbed down quickly.

I then proceeded to put on my tennis shoes and coat and almost left the room without my key. Thankfully I remembered at the last minute. As I followed the crowd down the stairs I looked at my watch. 3:30 a.m. Wow. This was the fourth fire alarm this year, and frankly I was sick of them. The worst possible sound to wake up to is that freaking fire alarm. I thought, "Who did it this time? Some drunk students? Someone burning popcorn? Why can't people just be in bed?"

Outside I found Marissa and Mallory. At first we were mad..mostly because we were tired...but then we heard our Resident staff announce that it was going to be a while and we should head over to one of the other halls to wait. Then we saw the firemen come...Holy crap! I real fire! So we went into the basement of a nearby hall and waited. We were surprisingly in humorous moods...because we knew it wasn't really a HUGE deal.

After about 40 minutes we were allowed to go back inside the building. Everyone except for those living on the third floor, so that lead me to believe that the fire occurred in the basement...Oh...I mean the third floor. Right...So needless to say I went back to bed and then woke up this morning...tired. I haven't heard what exactly happened yet, but I take it everything is alright now...So thankfully it wasn't serious and no one was hurt...and thankfully I'm done, so you can stop reading. (Don't lie, I know you were bored.)

Peace out!

Katherine

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

You know, you ARE Allowed to sacrifice the frequency of your blogging to keep them from getting, how should I put it... boring.

. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, nice one jimmy!

Katherine said...

I'm afraid I cannot...I have too many fans. Ha ha. Admit it, you like having one more thing to help you procrastinate!

Marissa said...

ok..i was there when this happened and you soo could have spruced that story up a lot. like the weird lady in the basement of Dodds who seemed to be enjoying herself or the cute fireman that mal was enthralled with..come on Katherine..