Thursday, April 26, 2007

Operation Look Good in Bathing Suits

So this is a little poster that Marissa made of her and I back in September or somewhere around there. We had both gained a little weight and were determined to work out, eat right, and get back to our normal bodies. Marissa is on the right (notice the long hair she used to have) and beside her says, "You're not happy when you eat." lol. Of course, obviously, we didn't mean that all food is bad and that we shouldn't eat at all. We just wanted to be blunt and try to convince ourselves to stop eating bad food. I am on the left (notice the bangs) and beside me said, "You want to look good for your boyfriend." But when John and I broke up she crossed it off and changed it to "yourself." lol. I heart her :)

I lost about six pounds after the breakup because all food basically made me sick, but of course, I gained it back and by the time lent began we were both more than ready to give up sweets. So after forty days of no desserts and about three weeks of actually going to the rec we were actually doing pretty good. (I actually had that line along the side of my calves! lol). But then Easter came...and let's just say we went on chocolate overload...and now we only have one week left to take advantage of the rec here at good old Miami. So what does this all lead to, you ask...?

Heehee. This is Marissa's latest piece of art. I'd say she's gotten better since that first one, wouldn't you? Must be that set design class she's taking...lol. So yeah, Operation Look Good in Bathing Suits has begun and we must be dedicated! No sweets! Going to the rec every day until we leave school! Running almost every day over summer! It is time to feel good about myself and now that I'm finally feeling good on the inside again, it's time to tackle the outside! Woohoo! WE CAN DO IT!

SO looking forward to summer :)

Katherine

2 comments:

Marissa said...

haha. i love me. j/k. but seriously we have done so good and i know this summer we'll keep it up. :) dang...we look good in our new bathing suits. p.s. my drawing has so gotten better.

Shelle said...

HAHA ... i LOVE it!! :-D
i definitely can understand what you ladies are thinking. i haven't been keeping up with my running, but it's almost summer and i'll have NO excuse then! i'm hoping to find a new bathing suit for this summer, but with my body type, it can be a challenge sometimes lol.
anyway, i hope you ladies both succeed with your operation! :)
ps: i love marissa's drawings. they are fabulous :-D.