Sunday, November 13, 2005

Rocky Horror Weekend

I have just had the most amazing weekend of my life...well, let's not go that far, but IT WAS PRETTY DARN AMAZING! First of all, this was the first weekend of the Rocky Horror Show here at Miami. (In case those of you who don't know about that, get with the program! It's the awesome show my sister is in!) Second of all, my friends from home came to spend the weekend with Marissa and I so they could see the show.

Thursday night Ashley (Eagle) got here around 7:00. She drove all the way from Shawnee! We spent the entire night hanging out and talking (Ashley on her cell phone, of course!). I so beat Ashley in pool, then we messed around with the ping pong table since we both pretty much suck. We stayed up really late and in the middle of the night we woke up and there was this girl standing over us looking down. She was just standing there...then she said, "Is Laura awake?" And Marissa said, "Um, I think you have the wrong room." Then she just turned around and left without saying anything. It was freaky.

Oh, another funny story. Also Thursday night Mallory (Marissa's roomate) and I were doing laundry and we were sitting there doing our homework when these two guys ran into the laundry room and put a beer bong in one of the washers. Then they said hi and ran back out. If this wasn't odd enough about 5 minutes later they came back in and took it out. They said, "Thanks for keeping guard" then walked out. College is an interesting place...

Brandi (Bright) and her boyfriend, Caleb, came Friday. We all hung out until it was time to get ready for the Rocky Horror Show. Ashley did Marissa's hair really crazy since it was supposed to look "unhuman like," which it did. Then we all got so pumped up and went to the show. IT WAS SO AWESOME! The costumes, the humor, the singing, the acting, even the obscenities! I couldn't get enough. I mean, this was a show put on by students, and the actors weren't even theatre majors. But man, you wouldn't even think that. It was just amazing!

Later, around 1:00 in the morning, Dani (Leckrone) and Brandon (Smith) came! I love my friends to death! While Marissa, Brandi, and Caleb fell asleep in Marissa's room while watching Bewitched, Ashley, Dani, Brandon, and I watched Love Actually and My Best Friend's Wedding while talking and hanging out. Wait, didn't Marissa say earlier that day that her room was going to be the stay up late room and mine was going to be the quiet room? Hm...that's interesting. She was so wrong.

Ashley left Saturday morning, so sad. I wish she could have stayed longer, but she has midterms or something Tuesday. The rest of us went to breakfast/lunch at Bell Tower and then we came back to see that Will (Hansen) and Greg (Derr) had arrived! Yay! More friends! After some more hanging out and stuff all of us watched Varsity Blues while Marissa began to get ready for another show. Brandi did her hair this time. Wow, even more nonhuman than the first night.

After Brandi and Caleb left we did some more hanging out until it was time to go to the Rocky Horror Show! People were sort of tired, so I tried to get them all pumped up, but alas, my attempts failed. But nevertheless, as soon as the Rocky Horror festivities began they snapped out of it and got pumped. Yay! It was yet another great show. Thought the audience participated more Friday night, I think, it was still great. We all enjoyed it.

After the show we were all gathered around Marissa talking and I felt someone tap me on the back. I was confused because I could see all my friends and they weren't touching me. Then I turned around and it was my British Literature professor. He said, "I thought that was you up there the entire time." I laughed and told him it was my twin and that I would never actually do such a "riskay" show...Or would I? ;)

Later we all came back here and ordered pizza, except for Marissa who had to stay for another show. The hours passed, and in no time it was 1:30. Brandon had fallen asleep long before, but as Dani and Greg passed out for a few, Will and I headed down to play a game of pool. We were later joined by Greg and Dani, who must have not wanted to miss out on the fun. Will beat me in pool, then Marissa came back...with might big and wild hair...Needless to say after the previous two nights of not getting much sleep I still managed to stay up until 6:00 in the morning. Dani had gone back to my room around 5, but Will, Greg, Marissa, and I were rather hyper, which seemed to increase once we finally laid down for bed.

Today we all got ready and went uptown to eat at Jimmy John's and then we went to Cold Stone to get some yummy ice cream! It was good. After Dani and Brandon left, Greg and Will hung out for a little more and then we had to say goodbye. So sad, I certainly wanted everyone to stay. But it's all good because this weekend is going to be another great one. My parents are coming to the Saturday show and also Matt (Burd) is coming. Plus, Tiffani (Martin) and Amy (Dahl) might come, AND Ashley said she may want to come again! This is going to be so great. Then after next weekend I only have two days until I go home for Thanksgiving! Life is good! I mean, really! Isn't it just great?!

Peace out!

Katherine

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

What is and what does a beer bong look like? Oh, and you spelled risque wrong. :-D

Katherine said...

You don't know what a beer bong looks like? Geeze...I mean I've seen one plenty of times...in the movies. And no, I spelled riskay right because I spelled it like I wanted it to be prounounced. "Risk-ay." So ha.

Anonymous said...

Actually Katherine you did spell it wrong...it's still pronounced the way you wanted it to be pronounced it's normal way..which is indeed risque. So ha ha ha.

Katherine said...

Okay, whatever you say, Mophead.

. said...

admit it, your wrong. Its Risque, and everyone knows that if I say its risque, its risque. so yeah....its risque.