Monday, November 07, 2005

Wonderful Weekend after a Torturous Week

What a wonderful weekend after one torturous week. Last week I had two group presentatioins, one major project, and a 6-8 page paper worth a measely 15 points. It. was. hell. But since it was Parent's Weekend here at Miami University Marissa and I got a ride to Columbus with Chad and spent the weekend at my brothers' house. Christian and Kate were in Chicago for the weekend, so we all stayed there.

Friday night we ordered pizza and while the boys played video games (go figure) Dad, Mom, Marissa, and I played Cranium. Marissa and I played paper rock scissors to determine teams. It was Dad and Marissa against Mom and I. Mom and I were doing well for a while, but needless to say we lost pretty horribly at the end too...

Saturday we woke up early (considering I like to sleep in on Saturdays) and went to breakfast at Bob Evans. Now, usually I am a dedicated pancake fan, but I decided to try the French toast instead. This is a perfect example of why it is a good idea to avoid change, at least for me. I missed my yummy pancakes. After that we went to the Verizon store, and guess what! I so totally got a new cell phone! I'd say it was about time since I got the other cell phone two years ago. I love my new flip phone to death! It has a camera too! Yay! So just a warning to all you wonderful people coming to Miami this weekend to see Marissa in the Rocky Horror Show...I will be taking pictures of you! Heehee.

Mom, Marissa, and I then spent a remarkable amount of time in Kohls. And would you believe it, I only got one thing! A pair of earrings. You should be proud. So when we went to check out after a good four hours in Kohls and everything ran through fine. But then some later came and gave us a coupon 15% off total purchase, and we spent a good amount of money, so since there was no one behind us the guy ran it through again. Then my mom tried to pay with her only credit card that she had on her, but it wouldn't work for some reason. Then we tried Marissa's card, then mine, but none worked. So she tried to pay with a check, but it wouldn't work for some reason. So I used my checking account for the first time and wrote my first check! But it didn't work either. So I had to void my first check. So after about 20 minutes in the checkout line we had to leave all of our merchandise there.

After my dad called the Credit card company and got it all settled out we had to go back to Kohls and get our stuff. Fun fun. It turns out that because we had spent so much money on the phones the company wouldn't let us take out the same amount of money in the same day. Ugh. After hanging out at the house for a while, playing with my cell phone and sort of watching The Animal, we went to the mall to do some more shopping at the mall. Marissa got some stuff for the Rocky Horror Show and I got a new coat! Yay!

Since we needed to eat before the movie and it was already so late we went to this sports bar called Rooster or something. They had a grilled chicken sandwich on the menu that was supposedly "the best grilled chicken sandwich ever!" So I ordered it, and it so totally was the best grilled chicken sandwich ever! After that we went to see the movie Elizabethtown! I finally got to see it! It. was. awesome! I love Orlando Bloom, I love the music, I love the story, I even think Kirsten Dunst did a good job. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD (even though it won't be out by Christmas). :(

Sunday we did some more last minute shopping at the mall and then we headed back here to Miami. It was a wonderful, relaxing, fun weekend. And now I have so much to look forward too! This weekend lots of Loudonville people are coming here to see Marissa in Rocky Horror Show, so I'll be with friends all weekend. Then the next weekend my parents and Matt are coming to see Rocky Horror Show. Then a few days after we go home for Thanksgiving! Yay! Can't wait for it all!

Peace out!

Katherine

2 comments:

. said...

Wish i could come down to see the show, but i dont feel like driving ALL THE WAY down there all alone....well, i just don't feel like driving down there period...too much money. But hey! your coming back to see me, so why should i!

Katherine said...

I'm coming back to see you? Really? Just you? Hm...I thought I was just coming home for Thanksgiving...odd.