Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mmmm....

The time is almost upon us, the time where magic happens in the form of the Loudonville Free Street Fair. The overwhelming aroma of fair food, the joy you get while walking down the streets that are closed off for the special occasion, the blast back to childhood when you see the little kids riding the kitty rides (which were always more fun than the adult rides), the sensation of autumn's cool breeze that so gracefully moves the top of the tents. The anticipation is almost over! I can hardly control my emotions!

To the citizens of little old Loudonville the fair has become a holiday, celebrated even more than some official holidays, like...Arbor Day.... Seriously...how many people celebrate Arbor Day? Those mere five days in October are almost equal to the excitement one gets during those last few days before Christmas day. It's just that amazing! So amazing I would even go to say that it's my second favorite time of the year, Christmas, of course, being the first. So for those of you who haven't experienced the wonderfulness of the Loudonville fair, I'm sorry. And for those of you who have experienced the wonderfulness, but don't absolutely love it, you're crazy!

So needless to say this weekend is going to be great! Pure pleasure! Miss Mallory, Marissa, and I will be venturing to Loudonville, hopefully arriving around 4 p.m. on Friday. We will then proceed to hang out with friends, spend some time at grandma's, and of course, eat some yummy fair food. Saturday morning I am working at request of my bosses. I am going to sell bread at the market in Wooster from 7 a.m. to around 1 p.m. John has offered to go with me, that's nice of him...The rest of the weekend will be filled with more family and friend time at the the fair and the Henley residence. Of course, I will go to church with my mommy, and then savor the final hours before I have to come back to school....but let's not think about that...

So if you're from Loudonville and you're going home then make sure you meet up with me! Call me! Bump into me! Have my name announced over the sound system! I don't care! But get together with me because it's fairtime and we need to celebrate! Yay!

I can just taste the blueberry crisp :)
And smell the steer...

Katherine

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

...Kitty rides???

Anonymous said...

What kind of place is this?"Smell the steer"? ew.

Katherine said...

My bad...I meant kiddie rides. Hey, who is Mark...?!

Anonymous said...

Others just don't get it :)