Monday, October 23, 2006

Not Ready

About three weeks ago my friend, Bri Hansen, got married on a beach in Florida. Well, Bri Lipian now. Bri was basically my first friend when I moved to Loudonville in first grade. We were inseparable throughout the years, almost always in the same classes, and always doing everything together. We had some rough times in junior high and sort of fell apart, which made us a little more distant in high school, but recently we have been becoming friends again. It's really nice, and I was so happy for her to be getting married.

This past weekend I went to her beach themed wedding reception. I danced the chicken dance, toasted to their marriage, and even tried to catch the bouquet (well...I stood there with the other "single" girls). Seeing her have her first dance and feed cake to her new husband was so sweet. I still can't believe that she's married. I watched her grow up, I was there with her, learning lessons, making memories, and just living life. I am so happy that she is now starting her new life with her husband, and that she will be creating many more memories.

It's so hard to believe that someone my age, one of the friends that I grew up with, got married. It's so hard to believe that I'm now at that age where my friends will be getting engaged and married. I already have two other childhood friends that are engaged. I'm even a bridesmaid in one of them. I just can't believe it. I'm excited that I'm to this part in my life, but I'm scared that it's coming too fast. Am I really ready for this? Am I ready to grow up? Is anyone ready to grow up? We're adults. When did that happen and how do we make it stop?


Happy in love :)
But not quite ready for marriage
Katherine

2 comments:

Shelle said...

it does seem like everyone is getting married, doesn't it? i have two close friends from high school who have been engaged for months now. my sister, who is only 3 years older than i am, is getting married in april and she made me her maid of honor :). it's so exciting and yet, it does bring about the realization that we are the same age as all the rest. it is crazy ... but in my book, it's a good crazy :-D. i suppose we're all just now finding out just how big of an adventure growing up truly is. whether we're ready or not ... here it comes :).

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! I turn 27 in about a month. I'm actually pretty excited. One of the best years of my life was when I was 17 and now it is a decade later. With each year passing I seam to grow mentally, spiritually, in wisdom, uhh... I'm still working on the maturity thing :)