Monday, October 09, 2006

Waving the white flag

Baby I'm through runnin' it's true
I'd be a fool to try to escape you
Maybe I'm beat but oh what a sweet surrender

You keep your rights, I'll take your nights
No one can lose when we turn the lights out
Tastin' defeat, lovin' that sweet surrender

I'm givin' up myself to you but I didn't really lose at all
I gave the only love I've known and it never hurt me to fall

Now that it's done, so glad you won
I know our lives have only begun now
No more retreat, only my sweet surrender


The more time that goes by, the more I realize how lucky I am to be in love,
I'm sorry if it seemed otherwise.


Katherine

4 comments:

Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marissa said...

i hate seeing you and john like this. i know you both love each other and you should both just wipe everything clean and start anew this weekend.

. said...

ugh.... this gets so boring when people go into relationship rants. Thats why we prefer you stay in a glass box of emotion.

Laura said...

Yay, Love =D