Friday, March 09, 2007

I feel good!

Ah...Friday morning. The ground is slightly frosted and there is a perfect breeze which hints the beginning of spring. Walking slowly to enjoy the morning sun, the newfound feeling of freedom is upon me. Yes, it is indeed that glorious Friday, you know the one, the one you've been waiting for since returning from Christmas break. For college students, it is known as many things: The end of a hell week consisting of midterms and papers, the time you realize you're really ready for summer, and to Miami students, the day after Green beer Day. Yes, that glorious Friday, the day Spring Break begins!

I am SO incredibly excited about Spring break! Where am I going, you ask? What are my plans, you wonder? Well, quite frankly, I'm not going anywhere and I don't have any big plans. I am just going to relax, sleep, and have some good old fashioned fun! I will be working a bit at Broken Rocks, helping my mom in her classroom, spending time with family, and hanging out with friends! And that's all that I care about! Who needs to go to Florida where it's warm? I don't! (But mostly just because I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit right now. Heehee).

So here I am rocking out to some sweet Spring Break appropriate music such as "I Feel Good" by James Brown and "I want to break free" by Queen. (And for those of you who think that "rocking out" is not something Katherine Lunt is capable of doing then you're highly mistaken.) Because oh boy, it is 10:30 a.m. and I'm done with classes and in t-minus 4 1/2 hours I will be on my way home for one wicked awesome week! Woo Hoo!

Enjoying life's sweet nectar :)
for the first time in a real long time

Katherine

2 comments:

Marissa said...

today (for the first time since the last day of second sememster freshman year) i too listened to James Brown I Feel Good and actually was happy enough to enjoy it. I'm so happy things are finally looking bright for us sibby. Here's to a GLORIOUS spring break!!! Countdown: 4 hours

Shelle said...

i hope you enjoy your break and get some well deserved rest! :)
i know i'll be busy unfortunately. i have one Russian biography to read (luckily it's in English! lol), four papers to complete, and a couple lesson plans i should REALLY get a jump on. *sigh* so much for a break lol.
the good thing is, i'm throwing my sister a bridal shower next saturday, so that should be fun :-D.
but enough complaining for me ... after all, it's a beautiful day outside! lol
i hope you have fun! :)