Thursday, March 22, 2007

Play it again, Sam

I don't think I could ever stress enough how much I love music. And let's be honest. I have more on file than I have time to listen to. Well, earlier today I couldn't decide what sort of music mood I was in so I decided to take a look at all the playlists I have created. Looking through them I have no idea what I was thinking when I made some of these lists. Obviously a lot of them are just my favorites songs and artists, but a fair amount are very random songs that I just felt like listening to at the time (Blink 182?!). Either way though, they're my playlists and they make me happy (well, most of them) :)

50s favorites - If I could have grown up in any other time period it would have probably been the 50s (or the late 30s/40s during the swing dancing days)
All Songs - Remember when I had intended on listening to every song on my laptop...?
Barenaked Ladies Favorites - I need more of their c.d.s
Bedtime Mix - a mixture of the Eagles, Journey, and Scorpions that I used to listen to at the beginning of freshman year to help me fall asleep
Billy/Jim slow songs - Billy Joel and Jim Croce. Need I say more?
Break Up - The songs I listened to over and over again 24/7 in the weeks after John and I broke up. Let's just say they're not very happy or optimistic...(Song most played: Lost without your love by Bread)
Christmas - I tried to get into a Christmas mood, but it never really happened...
Eagles slow songs - LOVE the Eagles
Elton John favorites - Another great piano player
Guy loves girl - a mix of all those silly romantic songs I used to listen to in Junior High like I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith and I Swear by All For One
Instrumental - a couple of songs that I listen to while I'm doing homework so I'm not distracted by lyrics
Journey slow songs - LOVE Journey
Michael Buble slow - He has the most amazing voice...reminds me of the oldies Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin
Missing John - A mix of Boston, Styx, and Beatles that I made when John left for college and I listened to every time I missed him (basically 24/7)
Nap Mix - a couple of the classics, consisting of Etta James, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, and Sinatra
Oldies slow - The 50s brought some of the most romantic songs ever (Earth Angel!)
Queen Favorites - I don't care what sort of bad experiences you may have had, only CRAZY people don't like Queen
Rut - a very random mix of songs that comforted me when things were starting to go bad a couple of months ago
Sick List - Another very random mix of songs for when I wasn't feeling well
Sleep deprived - Probably close to 100 loud and upbeat songs that kept me awake and sane during finals week of freshman year (Most played song: Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield)
Slow Beatles - The Beatles have insight into my soul!
Will's c.d. - I keep meaning to make this c.d. for Will with all the songs that remind me of him and our friendship...but our friendship sort of fluctuates up and down so I have yet to give it to him. lol.

Welp, that's all I've got. Peace out!

Katherine

4 comments:

Marissa said...

may i just say that you have A LOT of playlists. I think I have one- maybe two. And I only saved them because you liked the list. haha.

You should finish the All Songs one. It was fun.

Yeah..I couldn't really get into Christmas either. We should celebrate it in July. : )

You should change the Guy Loves Girl playlist to Junior High dances.

You should pretty much burn and delete the Missing John list

yeah only stupid assholes don't like Queen. ; )

Rut and sick lists sound the same

you consider Jesse's Girl "loud" and "upbeat"? i know you like it..but um..wrong list

the beatles DO have insight into the soul!! It's freaky!!

LOVE YOU!

Katherine said...

I can do you one better...
Christmas in July...IN PUT-IN-BAY! Woo hoo!

Junior high dances...now those were the good old days...

Jessie's Girl is loud and upbeat. If I can dance to it then it works. lol.

Yeah...I'll burn and delete the Missing John list just as soon as I delete his old text and voice messages...

Marissa said...

DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! (to the tune of David Herman on our video of our first movie night)

Anonymous said...

Michael Buble is great! I too would choose the 50's. Love it. I however can't stand BNL... I heard this morning they are coming to Cleveland and they gave away two tickets to a lucky caller who could answer the trivia questions about Regis Filmon's love life. Yikes!