Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A good night sleep just means you had a boring night

I realize I'm in college and I'm supposed to be having the time of my life away from home, but is it really so bad that I love going home? I mean, it's not like I really miss home so much that I want to be there all the time. It's just now that I'm far away I appreciate how much I love my family and friends and that little town.

Since it was our fall break and we didn't have classes Friday Marissa and I went home for the weekend. The ride home was very nice. My dad told us his life story starting after he graduated from high school. He talked about when he was drafted to Vietnam and his girlfriends and stuff. Apparently my dad was the type who feel in love easily. I can see that...When we got home Thursday night Tiffani came over and we got to talk about burnt cookies. I felt sort of left out. Marissa and Tiffani have burnt cookies and I don't (but I suppose that's a good thing...)

Friday Marissa and I took my mom out to eat at Broken Rocks Cafe, that yummy place I used to work at and probably will this summer...(*sigh*). Then we went back to my mom's classroom and helped out. I painted the kid's hands with black paint and then helped them make a spider with their handprint. It was fun. Then Marissa and I made spiders with our handprints. Heehee. Kindergarten is fun. Then as we were leaving the school, Brandon was on top of the slide and we were really confused because he was supposed to be in school. But it turns out he was in school, the Horticulture class was working on the goal at the soccer field. It's so strange to think that high school continues once you leave...weird.

Then Marissa and I went shopping and I got two new shirts and a pair of pants to wear with my hooker boots. Yay! We were going to see Elizabethtown with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst, which I really really really want to see. And hopefully I will see it soon. After shopping we went to the LHS football game where I saw my Seth play during half time, my Will play football, and my beautiful cheerleaders. Then after the game we went to Bri's house to check it out. She just got engaged and moved into a very nice house. Then we went back home and Will came over after the game. So while Tiff slept on the couch Marissa, Will, and I talked until around 3 in the morning, as usual.

Saturday morning Tiffani treated Marissa and I to breakfast at Broken Rocks since we were each others sweeties for Sweetest Day. It was a very yummy breakfast and we were served by the wonderful Mike Carroll, who is awesome because he gave us a free cinnamon roll. Then we went back home and watched Guess Who and I came to the conclusion that I really only like Asthon Kutcher when he's not trying so hard to be funny, like in A Lot Like Love. Then Marissa and I went to the soccer game and watched Greg play, which he made a goal and they won.

I was going to take a nap when I got home, but I ended up reading a magazine and then getting a call from my silly cousin, Brittany. We talked for a long time and it was definitely worth the lack of sleep because I only get to talk to her online. Then Kenneth Michael Libben came over like an hour early for the movie night so we went to rent some videos. Movie night started off slow, especially while we were watching the newest Disney Channel movie, Twitches. It's about Twin witches...I have to say that it's the worst Disney Channel movie yet (and most of them are pretty bad). Yes...I watch a majority of them...

Eventually it was a good turnout. We ended up watching City Slickers and Sin City (Apparently we had an accidental City theme). City Slickers is hilarious. I like Billy Crystal and Daniel Stern, and Bruno Kirby isn't too bad either, especially since he was in one of my alltime favorite movies, When Harry Met Sally (which Billy Crystal starred in). Sin City is gorry, especially when everything is in black and white except for the bright red blood...Ugh...makes my stomach queasy. It was a real fun night, relaxing and fun. I got to see all my friends and after talking to Jimmy on the phone for a while I ended up staying up til 5:30 in the morning talking to Seth.

After less than three hours of sleep I went to church to attend Father Kevin's last mass since he joined the missionary work and will be going to some foreign country like Japan or China or Africa or Columbia or something for five years. He was an okay guy, but truth be told there were quite a few people who didn't really take to him all that well the eight years he was our priest. With the exception of Mr. Barone of course, who cried during the closing song. Then my mom started to cry and some other people...and when I see people cry it makes me teary eyed...ugh.

After church Will, Greg, Marissa, and I went to lunch at Broken Rocks (yes, it was my third time in one weekend, but let's face it, it's just about the only good place in Loudonville). It was a lot of fun. So I went back home and had intended to do some homework as I had enough of it to spend a good hour or so working, but of course, I ended up falling asleep on that couch of mine. It is a very comfy couch, but still not as comfy as a bed, especially a waterbed. Speaking of my waterbed, after sleeping with me in it Saturday night Danielle woke up and said, "Katherine, your bed makes weird noises." And I replied, "Yes, it likes to talk to me."

After finding out that I got a 76 on my Mythology midterm I was sort of in a bad mood and then sometimes when I get in a bad mood I get depressed too. And then I do this thing where I try to make myself cry because when you're mad or sad it feels really good to just cry. But I didn't have to do much to get myself to cry because my mom started crying when we left. And of course, once she started I couldn't stop either. It was good. I think I really miss home the most when I'm leaving it.

The ride back to Miami wasn't so bad. I slept most of the way, which was good because I didn't really get much sleep at all over the weekend. I realize I don't normally when I go home, but I don't mind so much because I always have a great time. And I'd rather have a good conversation or quality time than a good night sleep. I heard somewhere that a good night sleep just means you had a boring night. Haha, that's funny.

So here I am back at college. My mom asked today if I'm back in the swing of things yet and I replied that it doesn't really take much to get back in the swing of things. So here I am...swinging as usual.

Peace out,

Katherine

No comments: