Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sorry boys

So I woke up this morning rather easily, just turned off my alarm and hopped out of bed. Now, this used to be me in high school, but since I've gotten to college it has not been the case. My roomate has had to wake me up several times because I sleep through like three alarms. So why I woke up so easily and am not tired right now is beyond me...

I came back from my 8 a.m. surprisingly alarm and awake. And since I check my e-mail at least four times a day I decided I might as well start early, not actually thinking that anyone would be crazy enough to e-mail me so early, especially because no one but family e-mails me. But to my surprise my cousin, Tyrus, who is living in France for several months, had an interesting request:

"I have a question. I've been teaching for a week now and it seems that my students (boys, 15-20) think allAmericans look like Pamela Anderson and own machineguns. Would you let me use you as a presentation topic? I'd like to do a short PowerPoint/handout of you detailing where you've lived, where you work, what you drive, what sports you play, if you have any guns, and if you practice a religion. Please, let me use you. Thanks, Tyrus"

Hm... My initial reaction was of course laughter, with my second reaction, "Hey, Jillian, get this..." After reading the e-mail again I began to think. These French boys/men have an American girl fantasy, and of all people it's Pamela Anderson with a gun. Now I can only assume that this "American woman fantasy" came from the movie Barb Wire, which is basically Pamela Anderson with big hair, tight leather, and big guns (enough said.) This is how American girls are portrayed to foreign men? Ugh. So I replied yes to my cousin, thinking of the 99% of American girls who don't look like Pamela Anderson. Oh, how disappointed these French guys will be once they realize that all American girls are not Pamela Anderson with guns, but in fact, short red-haired twins with books. Sorry boys.

Peace out!

Katherine

6 comments:

. said...

now think about this. France, the land of hairy women, rotten cheese, and pansies.

If i lived there and only drove a moped , and was a sissy, and the bushes in my front yard were smaller than the bushes under my girlfriends arms.... i'd like to think that in America all girls look like Pam and had guns...

Katherine said...

Sugar Lips, you should move to France. That way you can have your fantasy hairy french woman.

. said...

THATS WHY I HAVE YOU!


BURN!

Katherine said...

You don't have me. Your grandma thinks you have me, you wish you had me, but you're not so lucky.

Anonymous said...

That is some funny poop! P.A. and Machine Guns? What a turn-off. I think I will say a prayer to God now and thank Him for all of the real women in America :) I feel sorry the French guys. Especially if What Krazy Kenny says is true!

. said...

Tis Josh... Tis!

Most women are too liberal and "natural" to shave, although perhaps nowadays they do.... in the past they did not shower often as they did not see the need.... and i dont think you can get your auto-license until 21? might be 18 now.... and its very expensive.