Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Your typical necessary update on the fair...

As you all know, the Loudonville Free Street Fair was last weekend! I began my wonderful weekend by getting home around midnight and then looking at my senior yearbook. Of course the drill team had more pages and better pictures than the cheerleaders and there were tons of repeat pictures right next to each other, but I won't say anything else. Just that the yearbook never fails to disappoint me. Oh, but it was very nice and colorful! Then I stayed up til 4 in the morning studying.

Friday morning Marissa, Brandon, and I went shopping for a corsette for Marissa, as part of her costume for the Rocky Horrow Show. That was fun, lol. I also bought the When Harry Met Sally DVD! Only the best movie in the entire world! After doing some more fun studying at home we went to my grandma's later to say hi to the family. After chatting a bit we all went down to watch my cousin, Lenny's mime/comedy show and that was funny. Then afterwards we watched a hypnotist hypnotize some people, including Marissa. Now it's this big controversy about whether or not it was real or not, I don't really care though. It was funny all the same.

Friday night a bunch of people came over for a movie night. We watched The Leprechaun 2, requested by Kenny, of course. (probably because of that one scene...yeah you know which one I'm talking about, Saylor and Sugar Lips!) It was a wild time, me trying to study with the light of my cell phone, people throwing chestnuts everwhere, and people putting chestnuts in my shirt (thanks, Jessica). It took a while for the last person to leave, but hey, I'm not complaining. It was a fun night.

Saturday was a good old time. Even though it was raining all day basically I still managed to get down to the fair and see Ashley Beagle and look around a bit. I even bought a ring in the Merchant's tent! I know what you're thinking, "Katherine, you don't wear rings." But actually, I do own at least three very nice rings that I like to wear every now and then. I got a call from my dad saying that Seth was at my house, so I ditched the fair as fast as possible and sure enough, Seth was at my house! So we ended up talking for two hours or so and then he gave me a ride to the library where I was meeting Marissa and Tiffani. On my way into the library I ran into none other than Nathan Donley, who go figure, totally remembers the dance we learned for Music Man (We were partners for those of you who didn't know).

So I spent a rainy night at the fair with lots of people, especially 2005 graduates. It was nice seeing everyone, sharing umbrellas and whatnot. Tiffani, Marissa, and I then went up to grandma's where we dried our pants, ate some sloppy joes (because believe it or not we actually craved Henley food over fair food), and played Scategories with my cousin, Ross (the one that Ashley Ann Eagle has had a crush on since many fairs ago). Then we ended up playing a long, fun game of Loaded Questions with some more of my cousins. Now that game is hilarious and fun! I wonder if I can find one somewhere...it would be good for movie nights at the Lunt house.

After staying up til about 4 in the morning studying I finally went to bed, only to wake up almost immediately for church. Church was nice, I've always enjoyed St. Peter's. Then the famiy and I went to eat at Broken Rocks and I had a yummy Southwest Caesar salad with chicken, not salmon, of course. The ride back to Miami went extremely fast. I fell asleep and woke up at Steak and Shake. Then I fell asleep again and woke up here. Talk about fast....Sunday night, all day and Monday night, and today was dedicated to studying, and basically nothing else...not even sleep. In fact, I am really rather tired. I've actually been daydreaming about sleep...now that's just silly.

After finishing my third and final midterm today I became suddenly aware of the leaves on the ground outside and the smell of autumn in the air. I know it sounds corny, but it's true! After about a week of having your face in a book all night and day with no more than three hours of sleep at night you tend to block out the outside world. However, I am happy to say that I have now finished all three of my horrendous midterms! And I must say that it was worse studying than actually taking the tests, considering they were all not as bad as I expected. But still, if I hadn't studied that much I would have done much worse. And I'm still not even sure I did that well, and I don't even really care because they're over with!

Now I can look forward to this Thursday night when I go home for a three day weekend! I'm so totally pumped! I'm going to see my family and friends and sleep in and not have three midterms to worry about. It's going to be so great!

Until next time, peace out!

Katherine

Oh, and according to Sugar Lips' grandma, I am his girlfriend? Heehee. Grandmas are cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katherine,

I had a blast playing Loaded Questions with all of you. I'm glad Ross was there to ballence things out. Otherwise you might have always guessed mine. If you are going to buy the game get it from Barnes & Nobles website. They are the only ones that have the Deluxe addition (included the booster pack). I might be putting it om my Christmas list or perhaps my Birthday list. Take Care.

Your Cousin,
Joshua