Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I fell for my soulmate

Alright, so I always hear all these stories about how freshmen at college do something clumsy or stupid and get really embarrassed and they look back and think, "Wow, that was really mortifying." And here, it being the eighth week of school, I actually thought that I had escaped my embarrassing moment...think again, Katherine.

Today I was walking into Irvin Hall for my Mythology class. I was almost up the about 12 steps into the building when I somehow lost my balance and began to tumble back down the stairs. Yes, that's right, while my sandal stayed at the top of the stairs, I continued to roll down with my bookbag still strapped to my back.

I probably would have rolled all the way down the stairs had I not been stopped by some guy who was just standing there. He said, "Are you alright." And I said something to the extent of, "Yeah, thanks" before getting up, putting my shoe back on, and continuing into the building. I didn't even stop to look at the guy or anyone else for that matter (and yes, there were tons of people around). Now, Brittany is convinced that the guy who stopped me was my soulmate and I missed my chance by not meeting him. Oh well...maybe I'll meet him later in life and he'll look at me, he'll know, and he'll say, "Hey, I watched you fall down some stairs once." Ah, just what every girl dreams of hearing...

So after walking to class with a hurt hip, I not only realized that my ankle was scratched up good, but I also realized the humor of the situation. I mean, for no reason at all I just started tumbling down the stairs. If I had seen someone do that I would have felt sorry for them, but after seeing that they were alright I would have laughed at them. I mean, come on. It's kind of funny.

So my advice for the day: If you have a chance to meet your soulmate, introduce yourself! Oh...you thought I was going to say to laugh off the embarrassments? Yeah...that too! Peace out!

Katherine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, what will happen is you will both get super powers, he will use them for evil, and you for good (or vice versa, you never know) you will become arch enemies and he will regret not letting you fall to your doom; all making for a nice ironic situation

. said...

David, whomever you may be...

My vote is Katherine will be the Evil One. I mean... honestly... she is so evil... she wont even put nuts in my banana bread!

Katherine said...

Hm...yes I see how that could work. In which case if I ever do meet this so called, "soulmate" again I shall kill him right away. But of course I will kill him in order to protect the world from his evil powers.

Kenny, you're just upset because it's been so long since you've seen me. Don't worry, I'll be home in 2 days!