Sunday, October 30, 2005

Not a Halloween kind of girl

Halloween is upon us once again (although you wouldn't know from all the Christmas merchandise in Wal Mart). It's that time of year for all the little kids to get dressed up, for the nice old ladies with the cats to get excited about having company, and for the college students to dress in skimpy costumes and get drunk. What a holiday...

After some careful consideration I realize that I'm just not a Halloween kind of girl. But that doesn't mean I haven't had some memorable Halloweens in my past. So memorable, in fact, that I deem them worthy enough to share. So here they are, my top five favorite Halloweens.

1. Kindergarten: I don't remember wanting to be a clown, maybe I did. Or maybe my mom decided it would be cute. I had the ruffles around the arms, legs, and neck. Plus the hat with the ball on the end. And don't forget, the bright face paint. Needless to say, I was the most adorable clown ever.

2. Fifth grade: Danielle Leckrone was dating David Hall, Bri Hansen was dating Kyle Gillette, and I was on and off again with Dustin Rambacher. We all went to David's Halloween party and Bri and I dressed in Camoflauge, I suppose we were army girls or something. There was a hayride that so conveniently broke down in the middle of a graveyard. I cried, so it conveniently started back up. Later, Bri and I were looking for our dates and we found them, along with many other guys surrounding Dustin, who was crying. David's mom made us talk, and he still liked me...so we left the party dating again.

3. Sixth grade: Brittany, Marissa, and I got all dressed up. Britt was a dog, I was a princess, and Marissa was something I don't remember. We separated from my other cousins to see who could get the most candy in the two hours we had. Marissa, Britt, and I were doing really well until we got to this one house. Britt was running up the concrete steps to the porch and tripped. She scraped her leg and we ended up stopping for the night. Luckily, time was almost up anyway. Now, the reason this Halloween was so memorable? The next year Britt tripped and scraped her leg again, at the exact same house.

4. Eighth grade: Ashley Eagle, Marissa, and I were going to pass out candy at my mom's friend, Denise Gallagher's house. We wanted to be something really cool, so we decided to be Charlie's Angels. We bought cute tops and pants and did our hair all pretty. Marissa was Natalie, Ashley was Dylan, and I was the best one, Alex. We thought we looked great, which we did, but unfortunately nobody even realized we were dressed up in costumes. But had they known, we would have been the most awesome Charlie's Angels ever.

5. Junior year: I wasn't going to go to the Halloween dance, but decided last minute I might as well go. However, I didn't have a costume or anything. I had an inside source tell me that Seth and Jimmy were going to go as Mario and Luigi and she said that I should surprise them and go as Princess Peach. So I actually spent a good amount of time looking for a pink dress and etc. I got very close a few times to actually finding a costume, but ran out of time and couldn't pull it off. So I just went to the dance as myself. Oh well, it was still fun.

After looking at my best Halloween moments you are probably convinced that I am indeed not a Halloween kind of girl. But that's alright, I take pride in being a faithful Christmas fan. Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone! Peace out!

Katherine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
. said...

Wow, you sure do have good comments here dont you? lol.

I'd say my best costume was Batman when i was really little. My mom sewed it.... it was awesome. lol.

Katherine said...

Aw, Sugar Lips as Batman. My mom sewed me a really awesome Belle costume from Beauty and the Beast. I was very pretty.

. said...

i bet you were *cough*vain*cough*.

Katherine said...

Yeah, whatever. You're just mad because I'm not going to be a slutty cowgirl.

Katherine said...

I figured out how to delete comments! Yay!