Thursday, February 16, 2006

Singing in the Rain!

I can honestly say that I had an awesome night. Mallory, Marissa, Mac, and I (I'm thinking I would fit in with the people I hang out with here if I changed my name to something that starts with an M) walked uptown to see the movie Pink Panther. I've seen the originals, and this new one wasn't too horrible. Of course, it's hard to top Peter Sellers, Steve Martin is definitely a wise choice for the role of Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

After the movie we walked outside and found that it was POURING rain, and none of us had umbrellas. So the guy who works at the theatre offered us some umbrellas that people had left there. Apparently that happened often. We were going to catch a bus back, but were hungry. So we stopped at the Pita Pit (I didn't even know what a Pita was before tonight, by the way). We watched the rain and pretty lightning while the song "I Can see clearly now the rain is gone" played in the background. Haha. Now the movie and food was great and all, the best part of the night was walking home in the pouring rain. We decided to bear it and make the approx. 15 minute walk back to our hall. So we decided, and so we did. It was actually quite fun. I sang in the rain, I twirled in the rain, and even jumped in a few puddles.

By the time we got back we were COMPLETELY drenched. Especially Mac, who didn't have a sweatshirt with a hood. Let's just say the rain was dripping into his eyes. He looked like he just got out of the shower...well, actually he did, a rainshower. Heehee. I must say there are very few things as uncomfortable as walking upstairs and changing out of wet, cold, clothes. Oh well, totally worth it for the experience. And now I must go do my homework...so I can get classes over with tomorrow and head home for a three day weekend! Yay!

Enjoy the litte moments!

Katherine


1 comment:

Shelle said...

i don't know about most people, but i absoluetly love the rain; unexpected downpours are just great! :) [so long as you don't have to be somewhere really important ... but nevertheless, there're still fun lol.]