Thursday, February 02, 2006

While walking today...

So I was walking to class today and I saw a squirrel. I know what you're thinking. "There are squirrels everywhere at Miami!" This is very true. There ARE squirrels everywhere here at Miami. They sneak up on you, and scare you when you least expect it. However, this was not just your typical squirrel. Usually they are carrying acorns in their mouths...this one was carrying a paper bag. It was one of those mini brown paper bags that you'd pack a lunch in. It was all rolled up and in this squirrels mouth! So I can only assume that the squirrel was going on vacation...what else could it mean?

As some of you may have noticed it rained today. Well, actually maybe it didn't rain from the location you're reading this from, but it did here. While I was walking today (You may have noticed I do a lot of walking...) I saw two men also walking. One of them was holding a HUGE umbrella. I'm talking fit my entire family under there! Well, maybe not MY entire family because there are 30 grandkids...but you get the point. The man walking next to him did not have an umbrella. Yet the were together talking...Why wouldn't the guy with the big umbrella share...? At the bus stop there were people sharing their umbrellas with strangers...Does the guy without the umbrella have bad body odor or something? Hm....

Also today I received a death in the family. Yes, after four marvelous years together my umbrella is no longer with us. She had a happy life. Always protecting me from getting wet (for the most part), willing to hang out and dry after she did her job. She was always happy and never complained. Umbrella, you will be greatly missed.

Peace out!

Katherine

3 comments:

. said...

what a completely boring and udderly useless post. you didn't even tie the subjects together! SHEESH!

Katherine said...

You know what, Sugar Lips? I don't care because it's my blog and I can write about whatever I want.

Tyrus said...

I thought you were being eupemistic and worried that someone important died.

But sometimes an umbrella is just an umbrella.